The David Zucker Albright Ad

What the Democrats are screaming about (as seen on Drudge):

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to The David Zucker Albright Ad

1. Peter LaMarca says:

Wow. For those with formal logic training, see how many fallacies you can spot!

1. Straw Man – “Democrats believe if we show good intentions…” See, if you misrepresent your opponents position, it becomes SO much easier to refute it. Umm…not really, though.

2. Post hoc, ergo propter hoc – “…this gift had two major results…” Okay, just exactly how the one leads to the other isn’t clear. No logical causation is demonstrated. Unfortunately, a gratuitous assertion may just as gratuitously be denied.

3. Ad hominem – The skirt ripping…funny! Just not logically valid as argument.

R.I.P. Republican Revolution 1994 – 2006

2. James Atticus Bowden says:

Now that is a great, funny ad.

3. Mike says:

Peter,

Surely you realize that ads such as these are not meant to be logical discourses on political issues, but are satirical jabs at political adversaries. I’ve seen clever ads on both sides of the spectrum … I don’t always agree with them (regardless of whether their democrat or republican), but they do serve a purpose, especially given the incredible cost of television advertising.

4. Ben Kyber says:

Yeah. This ad serves a purpose.

To make the Republican party look like the whiny children they’ve become this election cycle.

Keep on digging, Republicans, you’ve almost hit 6 feet under.

5. Shaun Kenney says:

Yeah. This comment serves a purpose.

To make the Democratic party look like the whiny…

Nah, too easy.

6. Peter LaMarca says:

Mike-

Satirical jabs? Take it to Comedy Central.

No- this was meant to sway votes, and blame Clinton for Bush’s failure to get anything right in nearly six years of foreign policy.

This is a serious matter, but the GOP only has ad hominem, unsupported, blame shifting to offer.

R.I.P. Republican Revolution 1994 – 2006

7. Mike says:

Peter,
    I am about as non-partisain as you get. I blame both Democrats AND Republicans. I am a Catholic conservative, and beyond that, I have no particular allegiance to a political party.

That being said, I will say that I have disagreed with George Bush on just about everything he has done since 9-11 (aside from a few moral maneuvers he pulled regarding homosexuality and abortion).

The bottom line is that I don’t care about Republican-Democrat issues. What I care about is what is just and what it morally right, and the Klintonites and the Bushies will BOTH find failures in that realm. Bush and Klinton both have something in common, though … they are both globally minded, which is something I have been against for a very long time.

Anyway, complaining about Republican ads is about the dumbest thing to complain about. The Dems have enough to contend with.