The Second Look Project
A pretty interesting site on abortion statistics in the United States. Click here for more.
Women who have had abortions cite the following reasons:
* 21% can’t afford a baby
* 21% are unready for responsibility
* 16% concerned about how having a baby could change their lives
* 12% have problems with relationship or want to avoid single parenthood
* 11% are not mature enough/are too young to have children
* 8% have all the children they want/have all grown-up children
* 3% possible fetal health problem
* 3% maternal health problem
* 1% pregnancy resulted from rape or incest
* 1% husband/partner wants them to have abortion
* 1% don’t want others to know they had sex or are pregnant
Wow. How sad.