Other things that are popular in France:
- The Popular Front,
- Jerry Lewis, inductee of the French Legion of Honor (true item),
- Mandatory 15% tips plus an additional tip of spare change (!!!),
- Nuclear energy,
- Pulp Fiction, The Usual Suspects, Saving Private Ryan, and Braveheart,
- Cinema (of course),
- Fine wines, fine cheese, and nasty cigarettes,
- Jacques Derrida (c’mon… name one Continental philosopher of note since Wittgenstein who isn’t French?),
- …and of course, all things Lance Armstrong.
I rest my case. Don’t worry if you’re confused — so am I.